Monday, May 21, 2007

Day 141

Review IV

Introduction

Now we review again, this time aware we are preparing for the second part of learning how the truth can be applied. Today we will begin to concentrate on readiness for what will follow next. Such is our aim for this review, and for the lessons following. Thus, we review the recent lessons and their central thoughts in such a way as will facilitate the readiness that we would now achieve.

There is a central theme that unifies each step in the review we undertake, which can be simply stated in these words:

My mind holds only what I think with God.


That is a fact, and represents the truth of What you are and What your Father is. It is this thought by which the Father gave creation to the Son, establishing the Son as co-creator with Himself. It is this thought that fully guarantees salvation to the Son. For in his mind no thoughts can dwell but those his Father shares. Lack of forgiveness blocks this thought from his awareness. Yet it is forever true.

Our mind holds only what we think with God. Our self-deceptions cannot take the place of truth. So do we start each practice period in this review with readying our minds to understand the lessons that we read, and see the meaning that they offer us.

Begin each day with time devoted to the preparation of your mind to learn what each idea you will review that day can offer you in freedom and in peace. Open your mind, and clear it of all thoughts that would deceive, and let this thought alone engage it fully, and remove the rest:

My mind holds only what I think with God.


Five minutes with this thought will be enough to set the day along the lines which God appointed, and to place His Mind in charge of all the thoughts you will receive that day.

After our preparation, we are merely to read each of the two ideas assigned to us for that day's review. Then we are to close our eyes, and say them slowly to ourselves. There is no hurry now, for we are using time for its intended purpose. Let each word shine with the meaning God has given it, as it was given to us through His Voice.

Each hour of the day, we are to bring to our minds the thought with which the day began, and spend a quiet moment with it. Then repeat the two ideas we practice for the day unhurriedly, with time enough to see the gifts they contain, and let them be received where they were meant to be.

We add no other thoughts, but let these be the messages they are. We need no more than this to give us happiness and rest, and endless quiet, perfect certainty, and all our Father wills that we receive as the inheritance we have of Him. Each day of practicing, as we review, we close as we began.

God offers thanks to us who practice thus the keeping of His Word. And as we give our minds to the ideas for the day again before we sleep, His gratitude surrounds us in the peace wherein He wills us be forever, and are learning now to claim again as our inheritance.

Today's Lesson:

My mind holds only what I think with God.


(121) Forgiveness is the key to happiness.
(122) Forgiveness offers everything I want.

Miracles I'm noticing:

Yesterday at my radio show I played songs in celebration of the Fargo Marathon runners. One of the songs was Martina McBride's "Anyway" and that's what I thought of when I was doing my first meditation this morning. Here are the words to that song:

You can spend your whole life building
Something from nothin'
One storm can come and blow it all away
Build it anyway

You can chase a dream
That seems so out of reach
And you know it might not never come your way
Dream it anyway

God is great
But sometimes life ain't good
And when I pray
It doesn't always turn out like I think it should
But I do it anyway
I do it anyway

This world's gone crazy
It's hard to believe
That tomorrow will be better than today
Believe it anyway

You can love someone with all your heart
For all the right reasons
In a moment they can choose to walk away
Love 'em anyway

God is great
But sometimes life ain't good
And when I pray
It doesn't always turn out like I think it should
But I do it anyway
Yea - I do it anyway

You can pour your soul out singing
A song you believe in
That tomorrow they'll forget you ever sang
Sing it anyway
Yea - sing it anyway

I sing
I dream
I love
Anyway


This song represents the way I view forgiveness. Do it anyway. I will remember the truth that my mind holds only what I think with God, so there is no reason I can't do everything anyway. I think this song was inspired by a poem by Mother Teresa, someone who did everything anyway. What a great role model!

No comments: