Thursday, May 10, 2007

Day 130

Today's Lesson:

It is impossible to see two worlds.


Perception is consistent. What you see reflects your thinking. And your thinking but reflects your choice of what you want to see. Your values determine this, for what you value to must want to see, believing what you see is really there. No one can see a world his mind has not accorded value. And no one can fail to look upon what he believes he wants.

That which you fear to see you cannot see. Love and perception thus go hand in hand, but fear obscures in darkness what is there.

Truth is eclipsed by fear, and what remains is but imagined. Fear has made everything you think you see. All separation, all distinctions, and the multitude of differences you believe make up the world. They are not there. Love's enemy has made them up. Yet love can have no enemy, and so they have no cause, no being and no consequence. They can be valued, but remain unreal. They can be sought, but they can not be found. Today we will not seek for hem, nor waste this day in seeking what can not be found.

It is impossible to see two worlds which have no overlap of any kind. Seek for the one; the other disappears. But one remains. They are the range of choice beyond which your decision cannot go. The real and the unreal are all there are to choose between, and nothing more than these.

The world we see is proof we have already made a choice as all-embracing as its opposite. What we learn today is more than just the lesson that we cannot see two worlds. It also teaches that the one we see is quite consistent from the point of view from which we see it. It is all a piece because it stems from one emotion, and reflects its source in everything we see.

We do not want illusions. Six times today, in thanks and gratitude, we gladly give five minutes to the thought that ends all compromise, doubt and illusion, and go beyond them all as one. We come to these five minutes emptying our hands of all the petty treasures of the world. We wait for God to help us as we say:

It is impossible to see two worlds. Let me accept the strength God offers me and see no value in this world, that I may find my freedom and deliverance.

God will be there. For we have called upon the great unfailing power which will take this giant step with us in gratitude. We will not doubt what we look upon, for those it is perception, it is not the kind of seeing that our eyes alone have ever seen before. And we will know God's strength upheld us as we made this choice.

Dismiss temptation easily today whenever it arises, merely by remembering the limits of your choice. The unreal or the real, the false or true is what we see and only what we see. Perception is consistent with our choice, and hell or Heaven comes to us as one.

Accept a little part of hell as real, and we have damned our eyes and cursed our sight, and what we will behold is hell indeed. Yet the release of Heaven still remains within our range of choice, to take the place of everything that hell would show to us. All we need say to any part of hell, whatever form it takes, is simply this:

It is impossible to see two worlds. I seek my freedom and deliverance, and this is not a part of what I want.


Miracles I'm noticing:

Today's lesson reminds me of something I heard Wayne Dyer say in one of his lectures. He talks about the old adage, "I'll believe it when I see it." But he says it's actually the other way around. We really see things that we believe. I use this phenomenon in my manufacturing training when I tell people that they will see what they are looking for as they are supervising their people. If they are looking for ways their people are screwing up, they will find it. If they are looking for ways their people are succeeding and going above and beyond, they will find that, too. When I decided I wanted to buy a Honda CRV, the next day everyone was driving them. I saw them everywhere!

I noticed yesterday that I am putting a lot of what we are learning here in my training - I can't help it. It is who I am. My company is going to be unveiling our national presence at an organizational development conference in Chicago next week, and another analogy we use is the movie theater one. If you go to a movie, chances are you will forget after a while that it is merely lights flickering on a canvas screen. You will begin to put yourself into the movie and suspend your belief for a while. But if you don't like what's happening on the screen, it's not going to do you any good to go up to the screen and try to redraw the scenes into something you want them to be. That won't work. But in our lives at work, how often do we try to make the changes at the level of the effect? We look at what's happening with our people and our situations and we try to correct their behavior at that level. We try to put a band-aid on a gunshot wound. It just won't work. Instead, we need to get to the root cause - we need to go back to the projector and change out the movie. The flickering lights on the screen are merely the effect - the movie itself is the cause. The projector might represent our bodies, merely telling people everyday who we really are - projecting our thoughts on to the world.

As I notice those analogies more in the world, it becomes easier and easier to teach others what I'm learning. I know that the mind thinks not in words, but in pictures, so using analogies and metaphors is a great way to relay the messages. Noticing what I'm noticing in my own life also gives me real-world examples to use, so the more awake I can be, the better results I will get. That's a miracle!

No comments: