Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Day 353

Today's Lesson:

My eyes, my tongue, my hands, my feet today
Have but one purpose; to be give Christ
To use to bless the world with miracles.

Father, I give all that is mine today to Christ, to use in any way that best will serve the purpose that I share with Him. Nothing is mine alone, for He and I have joined in purpose. Thus has learning come almost to its appointed end. A while I work with Him to serve His purpose. Then I lose myself in my Identity, and recognize that Christ is but my Self.


Miracles I'm noticing:

Last night I had the pleasure of meeting with my good college friend Sherri who was in town from Seattle for a meeting. Our getting together has always been amazing because she is the one friend from college who, no matter how much time passes between our visits, we always pick up right where we left off. She is truly a blessing in my life.

Last night, over only one glass of wine(!), we solved all the problems of the world, which, when it came right down to it, was actually quite simple to do. We realized that by changing our own minds, we were actually able to change the world. Of course this is a process that will continue every single day each of us is alive on this earth - and that's the beauty of the conversation we created last night.

Reflecting on our time together, I realize that that is what I love to do most in the world - engage in deep and meaningful conversation with a close and trusted friend (of course, sitting in a cafe in Paris would be a great place to do that, so travel is definitely included in my favorite things to do :) ).

We talked about what I'm learning in this course along with what I'm learning from my Proctor studies and what impacts I'm seeing in my life because of those influences on my business, my audiences, my clients and my friends.

When I read today's lesson, it is my reminder that last night's conversation was no accident - it was the result of who I "be" in the world. The lesson says that when Christ and I have joined in purpose, thus does my learning almost come to an end. I understand that philosophically, but I don't see myself at the end of my learning until my physical life in this incarnation is over (I don't feel anywhere near that!). I do understand the concept of purpose in another light, though. It's no accident that I was drawn to a coaching program four years ago that focused on life purpose. It's also no accident that my work with Bob Proctor focuses on purpose by helping me and my clients concentrate less on the "how" and more on the "why" of their goals. The "why" is the purpose. When I remember that my eyes, my tongue, my hands, my feet have but one purpose and that is to bless the world with miracles through Christ, every task and every activity is completely joy-filled.

That awareness (and my awareness of that awareness) is now and forever the greatest miracle I can imagine!

Reflect for yourself this holiday season - in the midst of the hustle and bustle, the year-end project completion, the baking, cooking, partying, etc. - on all the abundance and joy that you enjoyed in 2007 and make up your mind to notice the miracles all around you and waiting for you in 2008!

No comments: