Sunday, December 09, 2007

Day 343

Today's Lesson:

I am not asked to make a sacrifice
To find the mercy and the peace of God.

The end of suffering can not be loss. The gift of everything can be but gain. You only give. You never take away. And You created me to be like You, so sacrifice becomes impossible for me as well as You. I, too, must give. And so all things are given unto me forever and forever. As I was created I remain. Your Son can make no sacrifice, for he must be complete, having the function of completing You. I am complete because I am Your Son. I cannot lose, for I can only give, and everything is mine eternally.


The mercy and the peace of God are free. Salvation has no cost. It is a gift that must be freely given and received. And it is this that we would learn today.

Miracles I'm noticing:

My old paradigm tells me - over and over again - that sacrifice means giving up something I really want which will leave me wanting. But today's lesson reminds me that there is only giving - no taking away and leaving without. I think part of the challenge with really getting this lesson is my belief that it is better to give than to receive, which leaves me always feeling I need to give, and to shrug off others' attempts to give to me. But what I realize is that I am depriving others of the opportunity to give when I don't learn to receive gratefully. The gift of salvation is freely given AND received.

What a great time of year to be reminded of this lesson! Enjoy the holidays instead of dreading the hassles and the headaches. It really can be the most wonderful time of the year if we just make up our minds in that way.

Happy and Merry!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a wonderful message you're sending out to everybody. Centuries of being told that sacrifices must be made in order to attain salvation have confused too many people already. I love how you reiterated the fact that salvation is a gift that must be freely given and received. I hope everyone remembers this this Christmas.

Jodee Bock said...

Jen:

It's so great to share this course with so many open minds and hearts! Up here in North Dakota and Minnesota we tend to really believe that our Scandinavian heritage is to blame for our inability to receive, whether that's a gift or simply a compliment. It's something I'd like to make a concerted effort to shift and the way I can best do that for the world is to take it on myself. So thank you from the bottom of my heart for your kind words and your dedicated readership! It is only when I receive that I realize I have everything to give for I can only give what I have. Realizing that I have everything I need allows that cycle to perpetuate and salvation is realized! What a miracle!