Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Day 352

Today's Lesson:

Judgment and love are opposites. From one
Come all the sorrows of the world. But from
the other comes the peace of God Himself.

Forgiveness looks on sinlessness alone, and judges not. Through this I come to You. Judgment will bind my eyes and make me blind. Yet love, reflected in forgiveness here, reminds me You have given me a way to find Your peace again. i am redeemed when I elect to follow in this way. You have not left me comfortless. I have within me both the memory of You, and One Who leads me to it. Father, I would hear Your Voice and find Your peace today. for I would love my own Identity, and find in It the memory of You.


Miracles I'm noticing:

Getting to the end of the year makes each lesson that much more self-explanatory. I notice that judgment is probably my greatest lesson, and I realize that judgment really is very ego-driven for many reasons. First of all, if I believe that others are judging me, and my own judgment is merely a defense against that "fact," it would be very egotistical of me to believe that others think about me that much. When I notice myself judging others (and there was a time earlier this year when I noticed that more than I do now, which leads me to believe I'm making progress in this area), I remember that there is no peace for a judgmental mind and really have gotten very good at forgiveness in its place.

The peace of God Himself comes from love. Why would I choose anything but love? That is the miracle - to see everything from love's vantage point as opposed to fear's and judgment's. And it's so much simpler to believe the best from and about everyone!

No comments: