Thursday, August 30, 2007

Day 242

Today's Lesson:

This day is God's. It is my gift to Him.

I will not lead my life alone today. I do not understand the world, and so to try to lead my life alone must be but foolishness. But there is One Who knows all that is best for me. And He is glad to make no choices for me but the ones that lead to God. I give this day to Him, for I would not delay my coming home, and it is He Who knows the way to God.

And so we give today to You. We come with wholly open minds. We do not ask for anything that we may think we want. Give us what You would have received by us. You know all our desires and our wants. And You will give us everything we need in helping us to find the way to You.
Miracles I'm noticing:

It's so great to realize that no matter what, we are never alone. I'm so grateful for the awareness I've been given to realize so much more on this journey called life. I know that as I give today to God, I realize that it really is true - I will have everything I need.

Yesterday in the class I'm teaching, one person brought up a problem he was having with someone at work. The person he was having problems with had a head injury several years ago which affected his memory, so he just isn't able to do the work he used to do. Within the last couple of years, that person also lost his mother, got divorced, his son won't have anything to do with him, his best friend died, and he's gotten 3 DUIs. He comes to work on time and never misses a day - in fact, he never takes vacation days. But his work just isn't what it used to be. His attitude is poor and he can't seem to remember how to complete tasks he's done for years. Apparently his drinking is negatively affecting him, but that's what he sees his life centering around.

When I heard this story, I was immediately drawn not only to this guy, but to his supervisor, who is in my class, and his desire to keep this guy on even though his work isn't up to par, because he realizes that work is all this guy has. It really made me appreciate what I've got, and also to appreciate the guys in my class who are struggling to figure out what to do to help this guy.

I wanted to tell them to send him silent blessings and just be the change they wanted to see in him, but this is an introductory supervisory class for front-line supervisors in manufacturing, so I didn't think they were quite ready to hear that. However, I did tell them that when they change the way they look at things, the things they look at will change. If they're frustrated because this guy isn't able or willing to help himself, take a look at the life he's had to struggle through. If there is any chance they could find something to help him see differently by seeing it differently themselves, that might be something to look at.

They really seemed ready to hear that. It's amazing - I think everyone is hungry for new results in their lives, and we're probably at the point where we're ready to try something new in order to get those new results.

I'm so grateful that I'm able to see things differently. It really does change everything!

No comments: