Friday, August 17, 2007

Day 229

Today's Lesson:

Love, which created me, is what I am.

I seek my own Identity, and find it in these words: "Love, which created me, is what I am." Now need I seek no more. Love has prevailed. So still It waited for my coming home, that I will turn away no longer from the holy face of Christ. And what I look upon attests the truth of the Identity I sought to lose, but which my Father has kept safe for me.

Father, my thanks to You for what I am; for keeping my Identity untouched and sinless, in the midst of all the thoughts of sin my foolish mind made up. And thanks to You for saving me from them. Amen.
Miracles I'm noticing:

This lesson reminds me how grateful I am for this Course. My traditional Christian upbringing was all about sin and wrong and bad - and this adds such a loving dimension. I also love that this Course encourages students not to take this as another dogma - nor to discount any former studies, but to add this to what we've learned from other sources.

As I read and study this material and learn and digest what I'm reading, I become attracted to different kinds of study material - and it turns out it's all the same kind of information. I love Marianne Williamson's work and she's a teacher of ACIM. I love Wayne Dyer's work and have for many years - even before I knew he was a student of ACIM. I'm very attracted to many different works, but they all have - and always have had - a similar theme. That is no accident. I realize more every day how everything I've done or been or said or read or experienced - mistakes and all - had to happen exactly the way it did so I could be where I am today.

I'm so grateful I can hardly stand it! What an amazing feeling - and what a comfort to know that as I find myself exactly where I'm supposed to be, I know I am safe and secure and loved and the future will unfold exactly how it is supposed to. Wow. Now that's surely a miracle!

No comments: