Thursday, August 02, 2007

Day 214

Today's Review:

I am not a body. I am free.
For I am still as God created me.

(194) I place the future in the Hands of God.

The past is gone; the future is not yet. Now am I freed from both. For what God gives can only be for good. And I accept but what He gives as what belongs to me.

I am not a body. I am free.
For I am still as God created me.

Miracles I'm noticing:

I met a friend last night for dinner. I hadn't seen her for a long time - like maybe 5 years - because we've both been so busy. It's a terrible reason for not getting together, but it is what it is. I wanted to meet with her because she's an educator, and I want to talk to her about how I might be able to get what I'm learning from my Proctor training into a school setting. For some reason I really have a passion for teaching this to kids before they get to be adults with so much baggage to get rid of.

It turned out she had other things to talk about, including how she's noticing that her workaholic tendencies are catching up with her. She doesn't really do much outside of her work, and it's gotten to the point where she has to make some tough decisions about her career. I write this as a miracle because there is no reason she needed to tell me as much as she did about what's going on with her. She told me she just hasn't told anyone about what she's thinking, she just felt she could tell me. And that's how I know my purpose. That happens to me all the time. People tell me things and then don't know why they told me. I'm happy to be of service because I realize that I am as God created me, which frees me up to really step into that.

Although I didn't have today's reminder in front of me, that's basically what I told her. With baggage from the past and worry about the future, we really don't have the presence of mind to concentrate on the now. And the now is SOOOOO fleeting. Try to capture now. You can't. As soon as you utter the word "now" it's gone. So the present really is a state of being rather than a time to be measured. It is so important that we be present in the present because we can create it each moment.

I choose to accept whatever my present holds for me because I know that what God gives can only be for good.

That's a miracle - and I'm blessed and grateful to be able to serve the world with who I am.

No comments: