Friday, June 29, 2007

Day 180

Today's Review:

God is but Love, and therefore so am I.

(169) By grace I live. By grace I am released.
God is but Love, and therefore so am I.

(170) There is no cruelty in God and none in me.
God is but Love, and therefore so am I.

Miracles I'm noticing:

As the Bigger Small Talk Summit wraps up (I'll take Pam back to the airport this morning), I am reflecting on all the miracles of the past week. Meeting Pam Thomas has been a miracle in itself. Her commitment to this event has been amazing. She never hesitated when this event came up for her and was here with bells on, all the way from Phoenix. When we met in person, it was like we'd known each other our entire lives. Pam showed me the power of the word and demonstrated integrity at every turn. Even as cancellations came in the day of the summit and my faith wavered a bit, Pam remained positive and optimistic about our vision and she was right - it was an outstanding event.

So, miracle #1 is Pam Thomas.

Dick and Melanie Richards were miracle #2. They flew into Minneapolis from Arizona and rented a car for the 4-hour drive to Fargo. They got a flat tire on the parking ramp coming out of the airport and it was 2 hours before they could even get on the road. But they never doubted my vision for the summit and our open space format. Each of them added so much to the first day, and Dick's presentation on Day Two was wildly successful, right down to our guided meditation which took people deep within themselves to have a conversation with their genius. It was magic and I'm extremely blessed and grateful.

Miracle #3 is my good friend David Meier and his almost-20-year-old daughter Jenny who made the trek to Fargo from Kentucky. Each year Dave takes his daughter on a two-week trip to an exotic location (Costa Rica and Alaska were two of their destinations). This year their vacation coincided with the dates of the summit, so they made Fargo their vacation destination! They flew in to Minneapolis and drove across South Dakota to Mount Rushmore and the Black Hills, across the corner of Wyoming and back up to Montana, and then through Theodore Roosevelt National Park in western North Dakota and back to Fargo. It was a total pleasure to meet Jenny (what an amazing young woman!) and to see Dave again.

And I guess miracle #4 was the love I felt each day as I looked around the room and saw the people who were there and trusted my dream. I knew most of them, but there were some people I met for the first time during the Summit. The conversations we created on Wednesday and the geniuses we discovered on Thursday made this an amazing week.

We'll be planning next year's Summit in the coming weeks, but it will take a lot to top the energy and gratitude that emerged from this inaugural event!

2 comments:

whatswithinu said...

Bless your sweet heart, my friend. You are a miracle as well. As I sit in the Denver airport waiting for my flight, I cannot help but reflect on what a wonderful few days it was. Meeting you was awesome, Jodee. You make things happen; not only do you invite dialogue, you are also an amazing catalyst for miracles. Thank you!!!

Many Hugs,

Pam

Jodee Bock said...

Pam: your presence was a huge part of the success of this event. I feel I've met an old friend for the first time and I look forward to whatever collaborations we concoct going forward! Safe travels, my friend!