Monday, January 15, 2007

Day 15

Today's Lesson:

My thoughts are images that I have made.
If vision is created by thoughts - as TUT says "thoughts become things," then it would stand to reason that I think in images, not in thoughts. After all, a thought itself really is nothing but whatever image it creates in my imagination. As this lesson says, "this is how your 'seeing' was made. This is the function you have given your body's eyes. It is not seeing. It is image making."

Again, not easy concepts to comprehend. In fact, the lesson cautions us that "this introductory idea to the process of image making that you call seeing will not have much meaning for you." It does say that it will begin to make more sense when we start to see little edges of light around the same familiar objects we see now. This is the beginning of real vision.

I must admit, that I have done this Course for three years and I have yet to see light around any objects. But I do believe that my thoughts have created the images I see, whether it's a lamp or a phone or a book. Getting away from concrete objects and carrying this over to concepts like politics or religion, I see even more how I have made those images.

Miracles I've noticed:

I'll have to update this post at the end of the day because I haven't had much opportunity yet this morning to really notice anything. I am reminded of the "light episodes" this lesson talks about and how Gary Renard in The Disappearance of the Universe has noticed those in his own vision. I'll watch today for how my thoughts show themselves as images I have made - and let you know if I have any light episodes to report.

UPDATE: Well, I didn't see any light episodes, but the image that has come to mind at least 5 times today is the image of a Carnival Cruise ... I was looking at various vacation options last night, and by just clicking on a Carnival cruise line site, I triggered an e-mail response and, later this afternoon, a call from a Carnival rep. Tonight while I was having dinner in a restaurant, the couple behind me met a friend there who was telling them about her recent cruise - on Carnival, of course. I stopped at Target on the way back to my hotel and I met a woman in the aisle there talking on her cell phone - the only thing I heard as I passed was "well, maybe next time you can take a cruise." I got back to my hotel room and turned on the TV and of course there was a Carnival Cruise commercial on. Is this a sign??

No comments: